Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trin Tran (BA 2006) is back from the Peace Corps

Trinh Tran (BA Anth 2006), has just completed two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in Mali.

She reports that:
"I have been home in California for a couple of weeks now and it has been nice to be with my family again. Memories of Mali still present themselves esp when I am awakened each morning by a rooster from my neighbor's house, surrounded by small children running around the house (my mom does in-house daycare) and eating rice as often as I did in Mali. Its like Mali with a Vietnamese twist. Perfect!
"Being in Mali was an experience I will never forget. I am thankful to have found friends and a community that I have learned so much from. It is not to say the two years did not come without frustrations and mistakes but if I have left with anything it is the belief that there is a way to make things better in this world through patience and a belief in the humanity and potential of others. And of course one cannot forget the laughter and the dancing."

No comments: