Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Susan Bishai (MA 2008) interning at Amnesty International

Congratulations to Susan Bishai (MA Anth 2008) on her internship at Amnesty International's Refugee and Migrant Rights Program. This fall, Susan, who attends GW's law school, will also be working as a student attorney in their Immigration Clinic.

Remembering her studies at GW, Susan says:

" I miss the Anthropology department at GW quite a bit, and fondly reminisce about it with the fellow anthro students with whom I'm still in touch. The program of study (especially the development track) has come in handy many times in relation to law school (human rights; cultural property; etc) and many other aspects of my life. [Barbara Miller's] courses in particular (especially the 'Risk' course) were amongst my favorite. Of course, I've always maintained that anthropology is the THE most relevant and wide-ranging academic discipline!"

No comments: